Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Quote for the Day

"Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong...Because sometime in your life you will have been all of these."

I don't remember what famous person originally came up with this quote, but I really like it. This is the personal message my cousin, Deputy Steve Krebs, has on his "trading card" that his department puts out. These are much like baseball cards - has photo of the officer on the front and personal stats and a message on back. The kids try to collect 'em all (ooh...I'll trade you a K-9 officer for your SWAT, ok? No? Ok - I'll give you a motorcycle cop for your detective!) Program is supposed to help kids view public service officers in more positive terms.

ANYWAY...I lost my trading card years ago but I had been so impressed by what he chose as his personal message that I had written it down.

Do you have a favorite quote or saying that is meaningful to you?

No comments: